Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another Great Accomplishment for 2006!!!






Yo YO!! See this ...see this...what is this?? Haha....some of you may not have it.. some of you may have lots of it...but this is my one and only PRECIOUS one....


MY STANDARD CHARTERED MARATHON 10KM RUN MEDAL!!!!


You must be thinkg....CHEY! what's so great abt this medal rite?


Hey!!!This means alot to me...cos this is the first time I ran such a long distance ....Ppl who know me will know that I HATE running...so to run 10KM is really a BIG thing for me...not to mention that I did not really train for this ....I only ran abt 20min everytime I hit the treadmill.


This time, I managed to run non-stop...only a few times for water stops...other than that....I did not even rest wor......so am I good a not? heehee..


Actually I need to thank my fellow runner and motivator...Winnie...without her giving me motivation..I would not have completed this run.. Thanks WInnie!!





Initially my target is to run 5km and walk and run for the rest of the journey....but seeing Winnie pushing herself through also gave me the drive to push through the rest of the journey.

Sooooooooooo..............with this ....I managed to complete my first 10km !!

So far...the furtherest I had ran is 2.4km..which had been 10 over years since my last fitness test....haha.... not bad for a first timer...


So...Another of my colleague...Ah Huang...was also a inspirator...he was the one who kept jioing us to go for the run...


So nxt yr...We shall continue ......perhaps build up the team.....anybody interested?


One disappointed thing is ..my ah lao did not really support me... he didnt seem interested in my medal or wanna hear my story of how I completed the run.....but nevermind...I still have my frens...who were happy for me... ;P












No comments: