Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Penang Redenvours

On 7th June, I set out to a long waited journey to the food of paradise.... PENANG!!

I have been hearing all sorts of who-ha on all the yummy food in Penang and Ipoh.. At last..I can make a trip down there and eat till my stomach burst. heehee...
The glutton in me at work again... ;p

Well, this is supposed to be a eating cum biz trip as I was supposed to be there for equipment inspection.

Okay..here comes the itinerary...

Day 1 - Woke up @ 445am to get ready to go to the airport. Damn sleepy siah...I was yawning and yawning away...cannot cannot...must wake up!! This is the beginning of my Journey to the Makan!
Airport was quite crowded, I guess shld be cos its sch holidays...so lots of ppl travelling..
Anyway, I got through the customs and stuff..time to board the plane..
I was so hungry...my stomach was growling along the flight. Some light snack was served but I decided to save my stomach for the Penang Char Kway Teow! Kekeke...

So when we arrive @ the Penang G Hotel... this is very near to the famous Gurney Drive...just beside it there is one hawker center. The rooms were not ready yet so we went to settle our lunch..We went to the shopping mall beside our hotel to settle for the food court.
Time is 11am and the food court is not ready yet~
Can u imagine..Sgp's foodcourt starts operations @ 10am.
Anyway, the food there is nice..I ate my first plate of Char Kway Teow...
Take note.."First " plate hor..

Heehee..Okay....filled my stomach..now is time to work..
We had arrangements to have dinner with one of the ex-collegs..whom coincidence is my ex-boss.

He brought to the local local hawker center. Just imagine the 70s or 80s singapore hawker centers by the roadside...
First course....Lok Lok...yum..the practice is you eat and move along...so we had some sticks of lok lok..then moved on to the Main course of the nite... Char Kway Teow, Wanton Mee, Stingray & Cheng Teng...
All are Yummy!!
Then we tabaoed some nonya kuehs back.. I was so full but when I saw the nonya kuehs..i cannot resist my temptation... ;pp

Morning breakfast..we went for Bak Ku Teh.. Imagine so early morning eat BKT.. but it was nice..different flavour from Sgp and KL.. Look at the pictures..I really couldnt eat..but die die have to try abit...

After gorging myself silly from last nite...I went for a swim..to kill off my guilt last nite and prepare myself for the Penang Laksa as promised by SJ... hiak hiak..

Our last stop..b4 heading off to the airport is Penang Laksa!!
It was nice...sour and small portion with lots of vege!! My boss loved it sooooo much..
but not SJ..cos he is a meat person..
we had Penang Rojak too..but it was so so...What I like is the "Hay Kor" It is sooo thick..
not like here where they add assam...there is the original..right out from the jar..

Wait wait....still got the Highlight of the trip....DURIAN!!!
Wah seh!! this is the best I have eaten....
Sitting under the tree and eating fresh durians...
Sedap!!!

Okie...Here is the end of my makan trip... Its a short but very satisfying trip..
Still got more stuff which i have not covered...waiting for me the nxt round.. :-)

1 comment:

biker400 said...

"Okie...Here is the end of my makan trip... Its a short but very satisfying trip..
Still got more stuff which i have not covered...waiting for me the nxt round.. :-)"

ya, miss piggy, you continue with all these makan trips and the "next round" will around your waist!! hee hee